Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Life Book 2015 The Artful Wordsmith

Life Book 2015 Artful Wordsmith


Our tutor this week is the fabulous Joanne Sharpe!  I have always disliked the look of my own handwriting in journals, so I was thrilled to learn some new techniques that turn my own handwriting into letting.

This piece was done in my Dylusions journal using a black Posca pen to outline and distress markers to colour.  I think the next time I do a piece like this I will use a more vibrant medium than the distress markers, but overall I am ok with how this turned out.

The quote "I live and love with my whole heart" is by Brene Brown, who is apparently my muse this year!

You can see the little speckles where the gesso didn't give 100% coverage, but I think I am ok with that!


Life Book 2015 The Artful Wordsmith

No comments:

Post a Comment