Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wine Bottle Tag

Wine Bottle Tag


Technique:  Papercraft
Materials
designer paper
glitter
adhesive
ribbon

Tools:
Sizzix Big Shot
Tim Holtz Tiny Tags die
corner chomper
circle die or template

The theme this week at Winter Wonderland was to trim a tree.  It's taken me all week to get motivated for this one, I almost thought I was going to miss this week.  But that is what I love about challenges, and they wouldn't be a challenge if they didn't push me and force my mind in directions it wouldn't normally go.

Anyway, the designer paper is from Webster's Pages, which you can get digitally, but this one I bought from my local store.  The tag is a strip of paper 11" x 3.5", scored at 3.5" to create the top part of the tag.  The corners have been rounded and I used a circle template to make the hole for the hanger.

The baubles are both little round tags cut from the tiny tags die which have beengiven a liberal coating of  vintage style glitter, but any circle punch or die would work.  I've used some thin gold cord to create the hangers and tie tiny bows at the top of each ornament, and a strip of red ribbon with a bow across the top.  I wish I had been able to capture the glitter better on camera, the baubles sparkle like jewels, so pretty!

1 comment: